Welcome to the Federal Ministry of Transport, Building and Urban Development (BMVBS)
Our guests from Germany and abroad are welcomed by our visitor service on the premises of former iron foundries, popularly also called "land of fire".
If you are interested in getting to know more about the work and organization of a Federal Ministry, we can arrange a meeting with our employees who will be happy to provide you with information and discuss topical issues.
- We can only accept registrations submitted in writing. Please send us your request either by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the Federal Ministry of Transport, Building and Urban Development
- Information meetings (approx. 90 minutes) can be scheduled from Monday to Friday (except public holidays) between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. The meetings take place at the visitor centre in our Berlin office building on Invalidenstrasse 44, 10115 Berlin
- The number of participants in these meetings is limited to a maximum of 50
- Guided tours are only available in groups of 10 to a maximum of 25 people
To enable us to check who in our Ministry is responsible for the topics you wish to discuss, we ask you to submit your request for a meeting 4 weeks prior to your visit.
Please send us the following documents so that your enquiry can be processed:
- a formal request, in the form of an official letter from your institution, the responsible Ministry in your country or the Embassy of your country in Germany
- background information on the institution or enterprise that is organizing or accompanying the journey
- a more detailed description of the topics you wish to discuss, possibly accompanied by a list of questions, which will enable us to prepare our presentation
Once we have received the information we require, we will consider your request and send you a reply as quickly as possible.
The following details on your journey to Germany/Europe must be submitted no later than 2 weeks before your visit, otherwise we will not have sufficient time for security-related preparations and the relevant experts will not be able to prepare adequately.
- full details of all the members of your delegation (surname, first name, date of birth, field of activity and function at your Ministry or institution)
- the entire programme of your trip to Germany/Europe. We assume that you will be accompanied by an expert interpreter (your national language/German). Please also send his or her personal details.
We hope that our guests’ visit to the Federal Ministry will be pleasant and informative!